This Cheese Tortellini with Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce is an elegant dish that can be made for any occasion, and it’s super easy to make. Plus it’s part of my 4 Day Menu Plan Using Leftovers!
Being in the food blog world has introduced me to many wonderful food bloggers. And one of those food bloggers that I adore is J from Bless Her Heart Y’all. She has a wonderful blog covering lifestyle and of course food. And I’ve got all of her recipes pinned on Pinterest to prove it!
But one of the recipes that caught me off guard and knocked me off my ass was her Gluten Free One Pot Rosemary Goat Cheese Chicken Pasta. After I saw this recipe, I was inspired honey! I had to get in the kitchen and create a pasta dish with one of my favorite cheeses!
And I came up with this easy pasta dish that got rave reviews from JT (my hubby) and The Kid. It has fresh tomatoes, spinach, garlic, basil, and leftover chicken. And of course tortellini pasta – the easiest way to heighten any pasta dish’s street cred.
When I made it, JT gobbled it up in no time! I didn’t have any leftovers to take to work! Thank God for those hard chicken tenders and fries in the cafeteria at work. HAHA
Because it’s so good, I have made this recipe a few times now, and used different flavored goat cheeses with great results every time. As a matter of fact, I am making it again tomorrow as part of my menu plan that covers our meals for the days I have to work.
Thanks again J!!!! XO!
P.S. This recipe is part of my Easy 4 Day Menu Plan Using Leftovers. Get all of those Easy Recipes HERE so you can make it through the week without pulling your hair out! I’m here for you XO
Cheese Tortellini with Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce
- 1 pound cheese tortellini pasta
- About 3 cups of cooked diced chicken
- 5 large garlic cloves mined (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of water reserved from cooking pasta
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces sun dried tomato goat cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to package. Make sure to reserve one cup of the water that was used to cook the pasta.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large sauce pan, and heat the butter using medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic.
- Cook the garlic for about one minute or until the garlic has become soft.
- Next add the heavy cream, reserved pasta water, wine, basil, and onion powder to the pan. Mix well.
- Let the sauce cook for about 5 minutes, allowing the sauce to cook down and decrease in amount by at least 1/4.
- After heating the sauce mixture add the goat cheese, and parmesan cheese. Mix well while allowing the cheeses to completely melt. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Then add the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the stove off. And stir in the pasta, tomatoes, and cooked chicken.
Please note that I am not a nutritionist, and the nutritional information is an estimate only. It varies based on the products and brands used.