This Sparkling Margarita is made with fresh lime juice, homemade simple syrup, and a splash of club soda to give it some fizz. It's an awesome summer drink but between me and you, I drink it year round!
Servings 2 to 3 cups
- 4 ounces simple sugar (see simple syrup recipe below)
- 4 ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3.5 ounces tequila
- 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- ½ cup club soda
- Sugar or salt for rim of glasses
- Slices of lime for garnish
Mix all ingredients together, and stir.
Spread the salt or sugar evenly onto a plate.
Use one of the squeezed lime wedges to moisten the rim of the desired serving glasses.
Then, place the serving glass upside down into the plate of salt or sugar making sure that the rim of the glass is coated with the sugar or salt (I like a lot of sugar so I twist the glasses around in the sugar a few times to give me a thick sugar rim).
Serve the drink over ice.
Garnish the rim of the glasses with lime wedges and placed some sliced limes in each glass.
- Simple sugar recipe: ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water.
- Mix the sugar and water together in a saucepan. Cook on low medium heat (stir frequently) until sugar has dissolved. Let mixture cool then add to whatever recipe you require simple sugar in.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg