– 4 ounces simple sugar (use simple syrup recipe below) – 2 teaspoons Li Hing Mui powder – 4 ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice – 3 and 1/2 ounces tequila – 3 teaspoons Grand Marnier or Orange Liqueur (for this recipe I used Grand Marnier) – 1/2 cup club soda – Sugar or salt for rim of the drinking glasses – Slices of lime for garnish
– Mix all ingredients together, and stir. – Spread the salt or sugar evenly onto a plate.
– Use one of the squeezed lime wedges to moisten the rim of the desired serving glasses.
– Then, place the serving glass upside down into the plate of salt or sugar making sure that the rim of the glass is coated with the sugar or salt (I like a lot of sugar so I twist the glasses around in the sugar a few times to give me a thick sugar rim).
– Serve the drink over ice. – Garnish the rim of the glasses with lime wedges and placed some sliced limes in each glass.
Your delicious Hawaiian Li Hing Mui Margaritas are ready.