– 6 large jumbo scallops (cleaned and dried) – 6 slices of bacon (I used hickory smoked bacon) – Kosher salt – Freshly grated black pepper – 2 cups sliced peaches (I used frozen sliced peaches) – 1/2 cup water – 1/4 cup Bourbon – 1/8 cup brown sugar – 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Bourbon – 1 teaspoon cornstarch – olive oil
– Set the oven to broil. – Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop. Trim the bacon to fit around each scallop. Secure the bacon around the scallop with a toothpick. – Season each bacon wrapped scallop with salt and pepper. Set aside. – Place the peaches, water, 1/4 cup of bourbon, and brown sugar in a medium sauce pan. Stir the ingredients together.
– Bring the peach mixture to a boil. Then, turn down the heat to medium low, and cook the mixture for about 15 minutes. During the cooking process of this mixture - Once the peaches are soft, cut the peaches into small pieces to help release the peach flavor. – The sauce will reduce in amount during the cooking process. – Once you have cooked the peaches, use a strainer to drain the juice from the peaches. After draining the juice away from the peaches, place the juice back into the sauce pan.
– Mix the 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of bourbon with the cornstarch until the cornstarch is blended and smooth. Then add the cornstarch mixture to the peach juice. – Cook this peach juice for about one minute, remove from heat, and set aside. (The sauce will thicken). – Place about two tablespoons of olive oil in an oven safe pan and heat the oil on medium high heat until the oil is hot. – Once the oil is hot, place the scallops in the pan and brown the scallops for 2 minutes on each side.
– Place the pan of scallops in the oven and broil the scallops for about 5 to 7 minutes. – Garnish with sauce. – Serve immediately.