– 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil – 2 celery stalks diced – 6 garlic cloves minced – 1/2 leek 1/2 of the white portion diced – 1 red pepper diced – 3 teaspoons blackening or creole seasoning – 2 bay leaves – 14 ounces full fat coconut milk – 1/4 cup dry white wine – 1/4 cup clam juice – 2 tablespoons tomato paste – 12 ounces Red Snapper Fillets diced into large chunks – 12 ounces Jumbo Shrimp (21/25 count) peeled, clean, dried – salt and pepper to taste – cilantro optional for garnish
– Heat large saucepan using medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add olive oil. Then add the leeks, garlic, red peppers, and celery to the pan. Let the vegetables cooked for about 2 minutes. Make sure to stir the vegetables while they cook.
– Next, add the blackening seasoning to the vegetables and stir. Cook the seasoned vegetables for a few seconds. Decrease the heat to medium heat.
– Now, add the clam juice, wine, tomato paste, and coconut milk to the pan. Stir well. Cook the soup mixture for about 5 minutes.
– Now add the fish, cover the pan with a lid and cook for two minutes.
– After two minutes, add the shrimp, cover the pan with the lid, and cook for another two to three minutes or until the shrimp or fully cooked.
– Stir the soup, add salt and pepper to taste. – Garnish with optional cilantro.