– 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped – 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped – ½ white onion, chopped – 1 green pepper, chopped – 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried oregano. – 1 pound ground sausage – 1 twelve ounce pack smoked sausage links, sliced – One 16 ounce can of pinto beans (drained and rinsed) – One 16 ounce can of dark kidney beans (drained and rinsed) – One 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes – One 10 ounce can of rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies – One 15 ounce can of tomato sauce – 1 cup chicken broth – 3 tablespoons chili powder – 1 & ½ tablespoon cumin powder – ½ teaspoon black pepper – 1 teaspoon salt – additional salt to taste
– Brown the ground meat in a large pan on medium high heat. Remove the browned meat from the pan with a slotted spoon and it to the slow cooker.
– Add the sliced meat into the pan. Brown it on both sides and remove it from the pan using a slotted spoon and add it to the slow cooker.
– Place the jalapeno, garlic, onion, green pepper, oregano, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, oregano, chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt in the slow cooker. Gently stir until all ingredients are combined.
– Cover with a lid. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
– Once it finishes cooking, salt to taste as needed.