– 10 whole wings cut into drumettes and flats – 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon salt Sauce: – 6 garlic cloves finely chopped or pressed – 2 tablespoons butter – 3 tablespoons honey – 6 tablespoons chipotle peppers adobo sauce – Juice of one Lime – Salt and Pepper to taste
– Adjust the racks inside your oven as follows: Place one rack at the second to lowest level. And place the second rack on the second highest level. – Preheat oven to 250 degrees. – Line a pan with foil, and place an oven safe cooling rack on top of the lined pan. – Spray the rack with baking spray.
– In a large bowl mix together the baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and chicken wings. Make sure to coat the chicken wings well with the baking soda/salt mixture.
– Place the chicken wings on the greased rack. Place your pan on the lowest rack of your oven. Bake the wings for 30 minutes. – When they wings have finished cooking for the first 30 minutes, move the pan of wings to the higher rack. – Turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees. Let the wings cook for about 40 to 50 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the cooking process.
– While the wings are cooking, make the sauce by placing the butter in a medium saucepan and melt the butter using medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook the garlic for about a minute. – Once the garlic has cooked, add the adobo sauce, lime juice, and honey. – Allow the sauce to cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat source, and set aside.
– When the wings have finished cooking, toss the wings in the sauce. Or you can use the sauce as a dipping sauce. Serve immediately.