I guarantee you will be loving these smoky and sweet Honey Garlic Chipotle Wings…..
I’m back like I left something! I have been super busy with some exciting news I can’t wait to share with you as soon as we complete the finishing touches…..
I tell you, I really felt bad that I wasn’t giving any attention to this food blog for the pass few weeks, but I’m only one person and was running out of space and time! I am working on it though to make sure I can keep coming here weekly as I usually do and share some of my favorite recipes I have tried, and tricked out……
Ok, back to this exciting new baby I have created and still in the process of creating. She is almost complete but it took a lot of work to get her here. Yea I’m calling this new venture “HER” because she’s my baby through and through….
Enough about my baby until next time. Let’s talk about these wings. So it seems to be cooling off, but here in Texas we still have a nice warm temperature. It’s hot enough to still break out those daisy dukes, but there is a slight reminder that fall is a coming. And while I have this transitional weather in the palm of my hands with my hectic schedule, I decided to throw some wings in the oven. But I had to try something a tad bit different so I thought I would give the chipotle wing recipe a shot. My version is a nice mild spicy wing sauce that’s cooled downed by a sweet raw honey I blended with the chipotle pepper adobo sauce. And you can’t go wrong by adding a handful of garlic and some butter.
Before I lathered the wings in sauce, I made sure to make them crispy with Cook’s Country Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Method. If you haven’t heard about this method yet, it’s an easy way to get crispy chicken wings via the oven as opposed to deep frying. It’s a keeper in my book because there is less clean up.
The combination was beautiful!!! A moist tender wing with a great smoky sauce…. That is all!
Honey Garlic Chipotle Wings
- 10 whole wings cut into drumettes and flats
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped or pressed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons chipotle peppers adobo sauce (use only the sauce)
- Juice of one Lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Adjust the racks inside your oven as follows: Place one rack at the second to lowest level. And place the second rack on the second highest level.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a pan with foil, and place an oven safe cooling rack on top of the lined pan.
- Spray the rack with baking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and chicken wings. Make sure to coat the chicken wings well with the baking soda/salt mixture.
- Place the chicken wings on the greased rack. Place your pan on the lowest rack of your oven. Bake the wings for 30 minutes.
- When they wings have finished cooking for the first 30 minutes, move the pan of wings to the higher rack.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees. Let the wings cook for about 40 to 50 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the cooking process.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce by placing the butter in a medium saucepan and melt the butter using medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook the garlic for about a minute.
- Once the garlic has cooked, add the adobo sauce, lime juice, and honey.
- Allow the sauce to cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat source, and set aside.
- When the wings have finished cooking, toss the wings in the sauce. Or you can use the sauce as a dipping sauce. Serve immediately.