It’s so easy to make this Amaretto Bundt Cake with it’s Buttery Amaretto Sauce! It’s definitely a beginner’s cake…
Bundt Cake with Amaretto
I don’t do any shifting of the ingredients. Nor do I have to measure out too many ingredients. So that means it’s a done deal for me to make this bad ass cake for all of my social gatherings.
Amaretto Bundt Cake Ingredients
I take these and a few other key ingredients to make the cake super moist, tasty, and easy to make.
The pudding helps to make this bundt cake moist. And the Amaretto liquer has a sweet & nutty flavor that comes along for the ride.
I also add pure almond extract to enhance the nutty flavor of the cake.
Buttered Amaretto Sauce
There is also this Buttered Amaretto Sauce (this sauce is like a glaze) to pour over the cake after it’s cooled a bit (make sure to poke the cake with something like a skewer so that the sauce gets into every nook & cranny of the cake).
The sauce has this amazing smooth buttery finish that gives the cake an additional buttery Amaretto flavor.
When it’s all said and done, I do a ton of food porn pictures for us to drool over, and then I send this Amaretto Bundt Cake off to it’s happy home…
In fact, I know I am not the only one craving this Amaretto Bundt Cake. Tutti Dolci seems to be a big fan of it as well!
Tips to Make Amaretto Bundt Cake
- Using pudding helps to make this Amaretto Bundt Cake moist.
- Use more Amaretto if you like your cake super sweet.
- To enhance the nutty flavor, add pure almond extract – to your taste.
- Use Buttered Amaretto Sauce for that perfect glaze that everyone will love.
- Make sure the cake cools a bit before before pouring the buttered amaretto sauce over it.
- Poke the Amaretto Bundt Cake with a skewer to make sure the sauce gets deep inside.
Enjoying This Amaretto Bundt Cake? You will love these, too:
- Super Moist Chocolate Cake
- Sour Cream Chocolate Bread
- Lemon Raspberry Cake
- Moist Red Velvet Cake and Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
Made this recipe?
Amaretto Bundt Cake
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1 box of French or Golden Vanilla Cake Mix (You can also you plain golden yellow cake mix, as I have done so with great results)
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Amaretto Liqueur
- Amaretto Butter Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar (I used pure cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Amaretto Liqueur
- How to make the cake:
- Preheat Oven at 325 degrees.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with baking spray (Grease generously.)
- Add the cake mix and pudding mix to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the cake mix and pudding mix with a whisk until well blended to prevent the batter from clumping as you add the wet ingredients.
- Add the eggs, milk, cooking oil, almond extract, and vanilla extract to the cake mix, and mix well until blended. (The batter will be slightly thick.)
- Add the 1/2 cup of Amaretto to the cake batter and mix well. (This will help thin out the batter.)
- Place in cake mix in the greased bundt cake pan. Place the cake in the center of the preheated oven.
- Cook the cake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Place the cake pan on a baker’s rack to allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once the cake cools, poke holes in the cake and pour half of the glaze over the cake.
- Let the cake cool completely after this. Once the cake has cooled completely place a cake dish over the top of the bundt cake pan and flip the pan over while you hold the cake dish and cake pan together, this will allow the cake come out of the cake pan onto the cake dish.
- Pour the other half of the glaze onto the cake after the cake has been placed onto the cake dish.
- How to cook the Butter Amaretto Sauce:
- Make your sauce while the cake is cooking.
- Place the butter, water, white sugar, and vanilla extract into a medium saucepan.
- Mix these ingredients together, and then cook the sauce for about five minutes using medium heat (be sure to frequently stir the sauce as it cooks).
- Once the sauce is cooked, remove from heat, and mix the Amaretto into the sauce, and set aside. (The sauce will thicken after cooking.)
- After the cake has cooked and cooled for about 10 minutes, poke holes into the cake, and then pour half of the glaze over the cake.
- After placing the cake on a cake dish, take the other half of sauce and pour it over the cake.
- Put the Amaretto into the cake batter and butter sauce last because it helps to make the Amaretto taste stronger in the cake and the sauce.
- Spoon the glaze on to the sliced cake right before serving for the incredible looks.
Please note that I am not a nutritionist, and the nutritional information is an estimate only. It varies based on the products and brands used.
Inspired by this lovely recipe.