Create a menu plan out of one dish with this Kalua Pig Pulled Pork Quesadilla with Chipotle Cream Sauce. Easy quesadilla recipe that helps you to make use of your leftover shredded pork…
About Kalua Pig Pulled Pork Quesadilla
Kalua Pig Pulled Pork Quesadillas with Chipotle Cream Sauce sounds like something fancy and upbeat but it’s just another way for me to sauce up my leftovers from my Easy Slow Cooker Kalua Pig recipe.
This is a way for me to save money and stretch that almighty dollar when it comes to my grocery bill, while I entertain my families taste buds without boring us all.
I take the leftover shredded pork from my Easy Slow Cooker Kalua Pig and stuff some flour tortillas to make this easy recipe. Then I whip up a chipotle cream sauce/garnish with just a few simple ingredients which includes Greek Yogurt and some simple spices….
And then I come up with this fantastic recipe…. Allowing me to use my Easy Slow Cooker Kalua Pig two different ways!
Kalua Pig… What Is It Anyway?
What is Kalua Pig you say?? It’s a slow cooked pork in the Hawaiian Islands. And if you are not from this paradise I got to call home for nine years, you can still imagine what this tastes like if you have encountered a delicious smoked shredded pork….
Try these two recipes on your next menu plan as you create that weekly grocery budget and see if this tasty treat can help you save a few bucks on that grocery bill. XOXOXO
The recipe starts with my Easy Slow Cooker Kalua Pig… Please start with this recipe to make your shredded pork for this easy quesadilla recipe.
Enjoying This Quesadilla?
Try These, Too:
- Perfectly Cooked Pork Chops with Balsamic Brown Sugar Glaze
- Hearty Vegetable and Sausage Soup
- Easy Jerk Chicken Legs
Cookies & Cups have a great kalua pulled pork recipe, too.
Made This Recipe?
Kalua Pig Pulled Pork Quesadilla with Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 5 garlic cloves
- 10.5 ounces plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 2 chipotle peppers (I used the canned chipotles that are in adobo sauce)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (I used from the canned chipotles)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch powder mix
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups of cooked shredded pork
- 2 cups shredded monteray jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend the ingredients until the are smooth and creamy.
- Set the cream sauce in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the assembly of the quesadillas:
- Place about 1/4 of the meat and cheese on one of the flour tortillas. Then top the meat and cheese with about 1 tablespoon of the cilantro. Place an additional flour tortilla on top of the garnished tortilla.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Once the pan is heated, spray the pan with baking spray.
- Place one of the quesadillas in the pan and cook the quesadilla on each side for about 2 minutes or until the cheeses have melted.
- Garnish the cooked quesadillas with the sauce and additional chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe makes about one cup of sauce.
- This recipe does not include cook time for the shredded pork
- To use my slow cooker kalua pig for this recipe please follow the recipe in this recipe link.
Please note that I am not a nutritionist, and the nutritional information is an estimate only. It varies based on the products and brands used.