Making a quick Greek Seasoning allowed me to bring two flavors together for a delicious chicken skewer I threw on the grill July 4th….
Is it okay to do Spring Cleaning during the summer instead??? I saved all of the heavy duty chores for the summer while the kids are out of school. Anytime they complain they’re bored, they get an awesome chore to do. My house feels so clean right now and I have peace in my heart because these windows are spotless!
Even though it’s cleaning time, it’s still summer so I won’t let the summer disappear without some fun thrown in there. So we make sure to get outside. And outside plus summer equals grilling. (Even though I love grilling year round). One of my summer favorites that was accidentally created were these Greek Seasoned Chicken Skewers drenched in pesto sauce.
I made a Greek Seasoning for another recipe and this spice mix was just sitting there in my spice cabinet….. And my hubby grabbed it and proceeded to throw this seasoning on our chicken skewers we were grilling. You match that with the fact that my hubby loves to pick up about five jars of pesto sauce every time he goes to our local grocery store, and you’ve got yourself a nice little experiment that gets gobbled up before the chicken even gets on the table.
It was actually a great combination…… We talked, drank sparkling sangria, and ate chicken skewers all night…. And I didn’t need anything else – Between the Sangria and the Chicken Skewers – I’ve met my fruit and veggie quota for the day 🙂
Not to worry if you don’t have homemade Greek seasoning, or Pesto Sauce. Use a store bought mix, but proceed with caution while salting your chicken skewers as the salt content is a bit higher….
Menu Planning Tips:
Pair this with my Sparkling Peach Strawberry Sangria for your summer parties. Get the recipe HERE.
Older Pictures that Show Optional Tomatoes for this Recipe:
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 10 wooden skewers sticks
- Black Pepper
- 6 ounce of pesto sauce
- Greek Seasoning Ingredient:
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- If using wooden skewers, first soak the skewers in water for at least five minutes to prevent the wooden skewers from burning.
- While soaking the wooden skewers, Place all of the season ingredients in a blender and blend until the mixture if finely ground.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes. Then, place the chicken pieces and tomatoes on each skewer.
- Season the chicken skewers with salt, pepper, and four tablespoons of the Greek seasoning.
- Heat the pesto in small saucepan using medium heat until pesto is heated through.
- Grill chicken skewers for four to five minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Brush cooked chicken skewers with warmed pesto sauce.
- Use remaining pesto sauce as a garnish and dipping sauce.