Truffled Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes…… How interesting does that sound????
Do you ever want to change up how you do things?? Especially with your meals? Yea, me too…. So this is a dish I make to spice up my potatoes on my menu. It’s simple and tasty but has an upscale feel to it because you get to use the word truffles.. Truffle garlic mashed potatoes are where it’s at!
These potatoes are creamy and have that great truffle taste. And don’t forget about the garlic, which is another additive that makes us happy. It always gets the “whoa” factor when I serve it…. Meaning that whomever I serve it to- they always say “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up wait a minute!”. I hope you can get the “whoa factor” as well when you make this…. But don’t worry… I have faith in the fact that you will… Enjoy!
P.S. I love anything truffle…. So stay tuned while I whip something else up! Until then use this pictures and the recipe below to whip up some goodness…
Can’t enough of my truffle recipes?? Try my Homemade Italian Truffle Butter! You can even add this truffled butter to these potatoes. And this truffle butter is great on cooked meats, and steamed vegetables.
Truffled Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes
- 5 red potatoes (medium size)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 and ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 and ½ teaspoons truffle salt
- 1 and ½ tablespoon truffle oil
- Clean your red potatoes well. I like to use a my kitchen cleaning brush that is only designated for scrubbing/cleaning my foods.
- Next, remove all of your bruised areas and spuds from your potatoes (I use a peeler for this task in order to make it easier for myself, and to prevent cutting off too much of the potato).
- Then, cut the potatoes in quarters (this helps to decrease my cooking time when boiling the potatoes).
- Boil your potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for 25 to 30 minutes (or until the potatoes are tender).
- Once your potatoes are cooked, remove from heat, and start working on your seasonings for the potatoes.
- In a medium sauce pan, add your add your butter. Melt the butter on medium heat. Then, add your garlic to the melted butter and cook the garlic for about one minute.
- Then add your milk, heavy cream to the garlic butter mixture. Just cook for about one minute. Now drain the water from your cooked potatoes.
- After draining the water from your cooked potatoes, add your sauce mixture, truffle salt, pepper, and truffle oil to the potatoes.
- Then, mash the potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- And wallah! You now have mashed potatoes with a kick!
Photo Credit HERE
Photo Credit HERE