A delicious and easy creamy Havarti cheese pasta sauce that takes no time to make.
You mean to tell me that I can make my own pasta sauce that’s even better than the store bought stuff, and I don’t have to spend a ton of money at the restaurant for a good pasta dish??? Yep that’s correct…
We are big fans of pasta over here in this household, so I like to try different cheese sauces to spice things up… And not only am I big fan of pasta, but I am also a fan of easy cooking. So bring it on with this one! Plus, you can make this sauce and never get bored, as you can add different meats (such as shrimp, chicken, sausage, etc) or vegetables (such as spinach, mushrooms, etc) to the sauce each time you make it.
That means this sauce can stay in your meal plan rotation more frequently than not when you get your cook on….
Creamy Havarti Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 large garlic cloves minced (finely chopped)
- 2 and 1/2 cups of half and half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces creamy Havarti cheese diced (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil (Optional)
- Heat a large sauce pan using medium heat. Once the sauce pan is hot, add the butter and olive oil.
- Once the olive oil and butter becomes hot (this should only take a few seconds to get the oil and butter hot), add the garlic to the pan.
- Cook the garlic for few seconds. Then, add the half and half, dry white white, and onion powder to the sauce. Then stir the sauce.
- Turn the heat down to medium low heat and let the sauce cook for about 5 minutes. As the sauce cooks, stir the sauce occasionally.
- After the sauce has cooked, turn the heat off, add the cheeses to the sauce, and stir the sauce until the cheese has melted and blended into the sauce. (At this time you can add the optional truffle oil).
- Use a hand held blender to blend the sauce so that the sauce is creamy as it helps the cheeses to blend well.
- Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Add any meats to this sauce such as shrimp, chicken, or sausage.
If you feel your sauce is too thick, add a little more half and half to suit your taste.
Please note that I am not a nutritionist, and the nutritional information is an estimate only. It varies based on the products and brands used.