A delicious and easy creamy Havarti cheese pasta sauce that takes no time to make.
You mean to tell me that I can make my own pasta sauce that’s even better than the store bought stuff, and I don’t have to spend a ton of money at the restaurant for a good pasta dish??? Yep that’s correct…
We are big fans of pasta over here in this household, so I like to try different cheese sauces to spice things up… And not only am I big fan of pasta, but I am also a fan of easy cooking. So bring it on with this one! Plus, you can make this sauce and never get bored, as you can add different meats (such as shrimp, chicken, sausage, etc) or vegetables (such as spinach, mushrooms, etc) to the sauce each time you make it.
That means this sauce can stay in your meal plan rotation more frequently than not when you get your cook on….
Creamy Havarti Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 large garlic cloves minced (finely chopped)
- 2 and 1/2 cups of half and half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces creamy Havarti cheese diced (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil (Optional)
- Heat a large sauce pan using medium heat. Once the sauce pan is hot, add the butter and olive oil.
- Once the olive oil and butter becomes hot (this should only take a few seconds to get the oil and butter hot), add the garlic to the pan.
- Cook the garlic for few seconds. Then, add the half and half, dry white white, and onion powder to the sauce. Then stir the sauce.
- Turn the heat down to medium low heat and let the sauce cook for about 5 minutes. As the sauce cooks, stir the sauce occasionally.
- After the sauce has cooked, turn the heat off, add the cheeses to the sauce, and stir the sauce until the cheese has melted and blended into the sauce. (At this time you can add the optional truffle oil).
- Use a hand held blender to blend the sauce so that the sauce is creamy as it helps the cheeses to blend well.
- Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Add any meats to this sauce such as shrimp, chicken, or sausage.
If you feel your sauce is too thick, add a little more half and half to suit your taste.
Please note that I am not a nutritionist, and the nutritional information is an estimate only. It varies based on the products and brands used.
Can you add marinara or something similar to make it a pink sauce?
You add marinara for a more tomato base sauce. Start with a small amount of tomato sauce to taste and add more to taste would be my suggestion. Happy cooking!
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the recipe! Thanks so much for the sincere comments! I love a good cheese party! I have some Asiago cheese left over from a recent event myself. Looks like I have to find something to make with this wonderful cheese just as you did. Thanks for stopping by!
It’s the bomb! You will love it!
I think you will enjoy this pasta in your rotation! xo
I love Havarti Cheese too! I hope your hubby enjoys it! Thanks for stopping by!
Homemade & Yummy
Oh yes cheese and pasta….I don’t need anything else. This looks and sounds amazing.
Thanks so much! I love cheese pasta!
Beautiful photography! I think pasta is best served simply like you have done here. It looks fabulous!
Thanks so much for the warm comments! I learn a little bit everyday about photography… And simple is always the best I do agree. Thanks for stopping by!
Marissa @ OMGfood
I’m also a big fan of pasta! And cheese sauces are basically my favorite sauces. 😀 This recipe looks amazing! Gorgeous photos.
Thanks so much! Isn’t pasta the best!? And it is so fun and easy to make with all of the different ingredients you can add. Have a fabulous day my dear!
Kylee @ Kyleecooks.com
This looks so yummy – I love havarti, but haven’t ever used it with pasta. YUM!
You’ve gotta try it! I think you will like it. Thanks so much for coming to visit!
That sounds wonderful! And Thanks so much!
Jolina - The Unlikely Baker
I have to admit we are addicted to this one store-bought brand (which will remain anonymous lol!) but your post (and lovely pictures) just convinced us to try this recipe! I think this will be great with shrimp (?)
Yes you should try it! I have had added shrimp, chicken, and sausage on different occasions and enjoyed them all! Have a good one!
OMG Erin try it you will not be disappointed! Plus with a nice a Italian Sausage sliced and added to this pasta – it’s to die for! Have a good one!