This Garlic Chicken Fried Rice recipe is exactly what you need for that leftover rice and that one last chicken breast in the fridge to create a new meal and avoid a grocery store run!
Looks like I have made it through my first class! So far so good! One class down, and one million to go! I’ll be graduating in no time! This week is a celebration, my last week of class doesn’t require much and I get a week off before my next class starts. Woohoo! Yay! Yippee!
I look forward to my week of kicking back and relaxing. I think my husband and I are going to coupon. Can you believe it??? My hubby volunteered to coupon with me for the very first time!!! I’ll keep you posted on how that went… I’m just happy to have someone tag team the sales with me.
And school has been keeping me busy along with keeping the kid entertained for the summer. (But that’s okay, because I make sure to take one day a week tucked away under my blankets as I do a Netflix binge. Oh and it’s soooo good!)
And because of this, I definitely don’t want to take a trip to the grocery store sometimes and I try to create whatever I can with leftovers for my family to eat. Oh yea there’s this thing called take out, but I don’t even want to go there because it’s too tempting for me as I try to eat better. (So far so good, only a few slip ups here and there.)
I had everything I needed for this recipe in my fridge – I promise you… And it was quick. I made it just a tad bit different by adding white pepper for a different flavor as well.
I hope you are all enjoying the summer!
Garlic Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 chicken breast diced (cut in cubes)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 9 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons fish oil
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots (thawed and drained)
- 1/4 chopped green onion
- Additional Sesame Oil for cooking
- First salt and pepper the diced chicken breast. Set aside.
- Heat wok using medium high heat. Once the pan becomes hot, add a few drizzles of sesame oil then add the eggs to the pan. Cook the eggs for about two minutes stirring frequently. Once the eggs have completely cooked, remove from pan.
- Next add a few more drizzles of sesame oil to the pan. Then, add the chicken to the pan. brown the chicken and cooked until the chicken is done for about 4 to 5 minutes. Once the chicken is done, remove the chicken from the pan.
- Next add a drizzle of sesame oil to the pan, then add the chopped garlic. Immediately after adding the garlic add the cooked rice and stir.
- Next add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, ginger, fish oil, 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, and carrots to the pan. Stir the ingredient together.
- Cook the rice for about five minutes. Then, add the chicken, green onion, and eggs into the pan and stir the ingredients until mixed.
- Cook for about 1 minute then serve.
Please note that I am not a nutritionist, and the nutritional information is an estimate only. It varies based on the products and brands used.
Pin This Recipe On Pinterest With This Picture Below: